Triple Kirks, Denburn

Historic Photograph
This item is active and ready to use
Triple Kirks, Denburn
Triple Kirks, Denburn
Triple Kirks, Denburn
The Triple Kirks were built to the design of Archibald Simpson to house three separate Free Church congregations in 1843/44.

Due to lack of funds, second-hand building materials were used (reputedly the down takings from the old Dee Village), and the spire, which was modelled on that of the Katherinenkirche, Magdeburg, is of 18th century Ferryhill brick.

The church in the foreground was designed by James Souttar and opened in 1865 as Belmont Congregational Church, becoming known as St. Nicholas Congregational in 1910. Its final service was held in 1995.
Record Number
668
Title
Triple Kirks, Denburn
Location
Denburn
Keyword
Churches
Image Reference
B25_02
Collection
Aberdeen Local Studies

Subjects

Purchase options

Required information
Media options